If you're ambitious, innovative and hard working, a career with AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria may be for you. New challenges are arising regularly as the microfinance terrain continues to develop in Nigeria. And new ideas, techniques, and solutions are needed. As the pursuit of value takes on greater significance in the financial sector, we have a multitude of career opportunities that will enable you to prove your abilities from the very first day of work.
You will be surrounded by exceptional thinkers and have access to opportunities that most people only read about. Whether you work in the office or the field, or provide solutions to our clients directly or indirectly, you'll experience a culture that is diverse, dynamic, fun and focused on helping you achieve success. Working in AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria can never be described as ordinary. It’s exciting, stimulating and challenging. Depending on how you look at it, it can also be fun.
AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria is fully committed to the principles of equal opportunities in recruitment and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic.
Software Architect (REFCODE: SA/IT/JAN/2017)
- Interact with our business and technology stakeholders to understand our business direction to ensure it informs our technology direction
- Establish architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing software systems
- Demonstrates critical understanding of technical architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, and IT operations
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements
- Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications
- Lead the review process for software architecture documents
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Comply with all applicable product development processes. Perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities
- Develop architectural solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Update knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Develop tactical tool in order to streamline or bring more efficiency within processes
- Give support to other Software vendors on CBS interface or 3rd parties
- Support operations teams to ensure that our business services are performing optimally.
Business Knowledge Management
- Ensure system integrity, availability and confidentiality of all Enterprise solutions
- Deliver enterprise architecture that ensures business continuity of bank operations at any time
- Be a key player in business process re-engineering within the department
- Maintain and develop knowledge of products, and processes of all IT assets
- Provide information about the products and processes in the bank
- Design innovative solutions to real market problems
- Work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones
Necessary experience, skills and knowledge
Minimum educational qualification: B.Sc. / HND in Computer Science, Software engineering or related discipline with cognate experience
Minimum of five years of professional experience in a similar role and operational environment
Experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems including database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication, connectivity, security etc.
DB Administration experience with MS SQL Server
Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server including Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication, and AlwaysOn Availability Groups
Experience in web development, mobile development and object-oriented programming
Knowledge of Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software/System Documentation, Software Testing
Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
Audit/approve developers change requests to existing tables, stored procedures, indices, constraints, triggers and views, as well as audit or approve new entries
Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications (DB Admin)
Experience supporting developers to troubleshoot and write effective SQL
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Analytical and problem solving skills and process-oriented approach to work
A certified ISAQB would be an asset.
All qualified applicants should apply on or before the close of business on Friday, 13th of Jan, 2017